It is a known fact that India has no dearth of exceptional experiences for all travellers. Besides having bountiful landscapes and unique historical landmarks, the country also has plenty of activities to keep the adventure lover in you alive. From fun-filled water sports to exciting treks and adrenaline-pumping skydiving, you are bound to build unforgettable memories on your journey to India. If your idea of being a daredevil involves plummeting to earth from great heights, then skydiving in India is just the perfect activity for you. The activity, over recent years, has garnered a lot of attention and rightly so.
As an adventure enthusiast, whether you live in the country or are visiting it anytime soon, you should bookmark this list of the best skydiving places in India.
7 Best Place For Skydiving In India
1. Mysore, Karnataka
Renowned for its stunning palace, Mysore is also steadily becoming the best place for skydiving in India. The skydiving site in Mysore is located at the base of Chamundi Hills, and as you jump down from a height of 10,000 feet, you get a panoramic view of the city. The skydiving offered here is of two types – Tandem Fall and Accelerated Free Fall. The dive lasts 30-40 seconds in free fall and 10 and 15 minutes in parachute time, while the training for the same takes up to a full day.
- Cost: Tandem Jump – INR 35,000/-
- Accelerated Free Fall – INR 25,000/-
- Service Provider: Skyriders
- How To Reach: You can reach the skydiving area by taking a taxi from Mysore Airport, Mysuru Railway Junction or KSRTC Bus Stand.
Also Read: Best Treks In India
2. Aamby Valley City, Maharashtra
One of the leading skydiving spots in India, Aamby Valley, is located in Maharashtra, and many Mumbaikars head here to fulfil their adventure bucket list. Currently, only tandem skydiving is available in Aamby Valley, and the training lasts for about an hour. Jumping from 10,000 feet from an aircraft, you will free fall for 20-30 seconds, after which your instructor will open the parachute, and the jump will last for 40-45 minutes, wherein you can enjoy picturesque views of the valley.
- Cost: Tandem Jump
- Monday to Thursday – INR 20,000/-(approx)
- Friday to Sunday – INR 25,000/-(approx)
- Service Provider: Skydive Aamby Valley
- How To Reach: Aamby Valley is approximately 2.45 hours away from Mumbai. You can also take to Karjat Central and thereafter take a taxi to the valley.
3. Hyderabad, Telangana
If you thought Hyderabad only offers its patrons impressive historical landmarks and delicious cuisine, think again! You can indulge in a thrill-inducing skydiving experience at Nagarjuna Sagar Airport which is overlooked by licensed trainers from the United States Parachute Association. The area itself is a picture-worthy site that you can revel in as you dive 4000 feet. Please note that you will be required to undergo extensive training for three days before jumping.
- Cost: INR 19,500/-
- Service Provider: 365Hop
- How To Reach: The airport strip is approximately 3.5 hours away from Hyderabad and you can also fly to the airport.
4. Pondicherry, Tamil Nadu
The famous sea town of Pondicherry also offers you the best skydiving in India. Skydiving in Pondicherry consists of two types: Tandem Jumps and the Static Line. Not only do you get your adrenaline pumping, but you also get an amazing aerial view of the land merging with the sea. Tandem Jumps here is done from a height of 10,000 feet, while Static Line Jumps are done from 4000 feet above the ground. The skydiving agencies in the area set up frequent camps dependent on the weather conditions.
- Cost: Static Jumps – INR 18,000/-
- Cost: Tandem Jump – INR 27,000/-
- Service Provider: Waltair Escapade Thrills, Skyriders
- How To Reach: You can reach Pondicherry via the Pondicherry Airport, Puducherry Railway Station or New Bus Stand
5. Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh
While Aligarh is an unusual place for skydiving, it is one of the most popular ones in North India. The Tandem Jump over here is done from a height of 9000 – 10,000 feet, and you are given proper instructions and some training before you take the plunge. There are only 5 slots available every day from the Aligarh Airstrip so make sure to complete your booking beforehand. You will also be required to get a fitness certificate to ensure that you are medically fit for the experience.
- Cost: Tandem Jump – INR 27,000/- approx
- Service Provider: SkyHigh
- How To Reach: You can fly to the Delhi Airport and take a 3.5-hour road trip.
Also Read: Best Holiday Places in India
6. Narnaul, Haryana
A famous spot for skydiving in India, the Bachhod airstrip in Narnaul is perfect for thrill seekers looking forward to taking an exciting jump from several feet up in the sky. The skydiving staff here is completely certified and has experience in more than thousands of jumps, so your safety is guaranteed. The skydiving operators also offer you the necessary training and experience before the actual skydiving. The Tandem Jump here has you free-falling at a speed of 220km/hr, which lasts for 20 to 30 seconds, and once the parachute is opened, you reach the ground within 5-8 minutes.
- Cost: Static Line Jumps – INR 18,500/-
- Cost: Tandem Jumps – INR 27500/-
- Service Provider: SkyHigh India
- How To Reach: You can fly to the Delhi Airport and take a 2-hour road trip to the skydiving site.
7. Deesa, Gujarat
The first-ever skydiving spot in the country, Deesa is a lakeside town in Gujarat and was identified by the Sports Authority of India as a certified drop zone. Due to this, the town hosts various skydiving events every year. You can experience Tandem Jumps, Static Line Jumps and even Accelerated Free Fall jumps after the necessary training. Whether you are an amateur or a trained professional, Deesa is the perfect place to enjoy a memorable skydiving experience.
- Cost: Static Line Jumps – INR 16,500/- (approx)
- Cost: Tandem Jumps – INR 33,500/- (approx)
- Accelerated Freefall (AFF) – INR 37,500
- Service Provider: Indian Parachuting Federation
- How To Reach: The Ahmedabad Airport is closest to Deesa, with a distance of approximately 139km, and you can take a cab to the location.
Add adventure to your visit to India by heading to either of these locations that guarantee an experience unlike any other.