Mumbai, popularly known as the City of Dreams, is also a famous tourist destination. The city is always bustling with a unique energy that also charges you up to go out and explore it. Home to Bollywood, numerous historical landmarks, stunning beaches and fun-filled recreational excursions, Mumbai is the perfect location for a family vacation. While the usual attractions such as Gateway of India, Marine Drive and Juhu Beach take precedence when planning a holiday in Mumbai, the city’s sweltering heat also drives you to its chilled-out spots, including amusement and water parks.
Fortunately for all the travellers visiting Mumbai, plenty of exciting experiences await you. One such destination is the excellent and renowned Water Kingdom Mumbai. Touted as the largest themed water park in Asia, Water Kingdom Mumbai, is also one of the oldest amusement parks in India and has numerous fun-filled activities suitable for all age groups. The water park is built around a jungle theme, and multiple trees and plenty of water rides make it a fantastic family outing destination for any time of the year.
- Water Kingdom Mumbai Location: Essel World, Global Pagoda Road, Gorai, Borivali West, Mumbai
- Water Kingdom Mumbai Ticket Price: Adults (height above 4’6″) – INR 1200/- (weekday and weekend) Children (height between 3’3″ & 4’6″) – INR 800/- (weekday and weekend).
- Water Kingdom Time Mumbai: 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (Everyday)
Also Read: Elephanta Caves Ancient Structures Of Mumbai
Water Kingdom Mumbai: Attractions
The water park has numerous attractions suitable for adults, kids, and toddlers. The rides here fall under three major categories: Family Rides, Adult Rides and Kids Rides. Some of the best attractions in the Water Kingdom include.
- Wetlantic: An exceptional attraction, Wetlantic is spread across 100 metres and is one of the largest wave pools in the country. This thrilling ride has blue waters, gently rolling waves and Busch gardens you can experience with your family.
- Gang- A- Fall: This slippery slide lets you woosh down into the cool water and revel in an adrenaline rush. The slide is wide enough to accommodate more than one person, so you can easily take the plunge with your loved ones.
- Lazy River: True to its name, this attraction lets you laze around in its slow stream of water. You can simply grab a floating tube and chill out at this river for a laidback time.
- Aquadrome: You get a wide variety of rides at the Water Kingdom and a full-fledged DJ party under the water at Aquadrome.
- Rushin Gushin: If you are looking for an instant adrenaline rush, then Rushin Gushin is just the ride for you. This water slide is the highest free-fall ride in the water park and should not be missed.
- Black Demon: Elevated at the height of 47 feet, Black Demon plunges you into a pool of water after a thrilling ride through twists and curves.
- Rafia Fafia: A cyclone-inspired ride, Rafia Fafia is a large slide where you can experience heavy gushes of water and a spinning motion to fall into a water pool in a controlled mannered ultimately.
- What-A-Coaster: A seven-story vertical drop, What-A-Coaster lets you glide down up to 40 miles per hour and offers you an adrenaline-inducing experience unlike any other.
- Frog Slide: Water Kingdom Mumbai has numerous exciting rides for kids, with frog slides being the best. These safe slides are extremely fun and delightful for kids to be on!
- Turbo Worbo: Water umbrellas, sprinklers, rotating water wheels and spinning water trays make up this exciting attraction at the park’s lagoon.
- Zoomroo Slides: A themed slide, Zoomroo lets your kid live their pirate adventures in a safe and fun manner. The ride has a gentle slope and shallow pools at the end, guaranteeing a fun-fill ride for your little ones.
The list of amazing rides does not end here. Water Kingdom Mumbai is replete with numerous other attractions you can enjoy at your own leisure.
- Water Kingdom Mumbai timing: 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM every day.
- Water Kingdom Mumbai ticket price: Adults (height above 4’6″) is INR 1200/- (weekday and weekend), and for children (height between 3’3″ & 4’6″) is INR 800/- (weekday and weekend).
- Nylon or lycra swimwear is required to enter the water rides.
- Outside food and beverages are not allowed in the park.
- The park has souvenir shops and swimwear shops that you can visit.
- Make sure to carry your valid ID, as it will be required to enter the park.
As you set out to explore the various offerings of the beautiful city of Mumbai, make sure to book a comfortable stay beforehand. As one of the leading five-star hotels in Mumbai, The LaLiT Mumbai ensures that you have the utmost luxuries at your discretion and a comfortable stay unlike any other. So book your stay with us today!