Delhi is a city for all seasons. The glory of winters with all the fashionable wear and the barbecues and lip-smacking food, the picnics, and the parties is quite well known. The long shopping sprees and street side chaats, seeking out water parks and airconditioned entertainment centres add delight to the summer months. The most romantic season of them all, however, is the monsoon. This is the time when the city cools off and the soaring temperatures come down to comfortable levels, it is the time of the year when there are sweet smiles all around the capital. Here are some really enjoyable things to do in Delhi this monsoon –
- Host a Teej party – Teej is the wonderful festival in which married women traditionally get together and pray to the Goddess. It is also the festival when women dress up in their best and sing and dance. Hosting a mehandi and dance party with delicacies to match is one of the best ways of enjoying mansoon in the capital city.
- Dine under the skies – The summers are too hot and the winters too cold; monsoons are just right to dine under the stars. Explore the wonderful rooftop restaurants in Delhi this rainy season. Visit the quaint cafes and eateries and munch on hot tea and steaming fritters and snacks with your sweetheart. Nothing can be quite as romantic in the city.
- Visit the historic wonders – Living in Delhi can be quite a hectic lifestyle. No matter if you live in the capital or are visiting, the historic monuments of the city hold a great deal of attraction for everyone. The cool rainy season is the perfect time to visit the Qutub Minar, Humayun’s Tomb, India Gate, Lodhi Gardens, Safdarjung’s Tomb, and Red Fort and click some memorable pictures there.
- Attend the Monsoon Festival – This year for the first time Delhi is set to host the Monsoon Festival. This is the perfect place to catch up with friends and indeed the latest trends, to indulge in ice creams and sherbets and all the yummy foods that Delhi has to offer. This is the place to enjoy all the cultural programs and folk performances that come to town.
- Visit the Okhla Bird Sanctuary – Monsoons are possibly the best season to visit the Okhla Bird Sanctuary. Besides the lush greenery all around the ponds fill up with water and the birds flock around the sanctuary. This is the place in Delhi to get up, close, and personal with nature and take long walks to cherish your solitude. If you like photography this is the place and time to be.
- Weekend getaway to Mangar – Monsoons are the time when Dilliwalas take long weekend getaways, preferably to places blessed with natures bounty such as Mangar. The LaLiT Mangar located here cater to healthy, holistic living. The organic food is quite a refreshing contrast to the eateries and Japanese restaurants in CP, central Delhi.