Besides the smiling staff, stunning art collection, grandeur reception, another thing to surely grab your attention as you enter the LaLit Delhi hotel is the 24/7 restaurant, bar and bakery. As the name suggests, the place is open 24 hours and 7 days a week giving abundant options for guests and visitors to savor recipes from cuisines such as Continental, Thai, South and North Indian, Italian, French and more. The menu is quite a foodie’s handbook, providing a unique option for every meal in a week. This multi cuisine restaurant has the facility of live cooking, where the guests can watch their food being cooked and also suggest the chef food of their choice.
Considering the varied available options, Chef Ajay recommended a light and hearty salad – perfect healthy option to satiate the mid meal cravings. In my opinion a good salad is the one where the greens are crunchy and the size is filling. The Mediterranean salad definitely fit the bill and Chef Ajay was nice to share the recipe of the 24/7 Mediterranean salad here:
- Cucumber peeled and seedless 50 gms
- Feta cheese 50 gms
- Semi dried tomato 20 gms
- Zucchini 50 gms
- Eggplant 30 gms
- Kalamata olives 20 gms
- Roasted assorted peppers 30 gms
- Chickpeas 20 gms
- fresh basil 1 sprig
- Lettuce iceberg trimmed and clean 80 gms
- Lemon dressing: lemon juice 15 Tbs, olive oil 2 tbs, salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl except the lettuce leaves and feta cheese
- Add the lemon dressing in the mixture
- Arrange the salad in a platter on a bed of iceberg lettuce leaves
- Add diced feta cheese on top of the salad.
Do leave us your comments below of how your version of the Mediterranean salad turned out to be. Or you can always drop in at 24/7 Restaurant anytime and try it here.